Friday, April 28, 2006

Våffeljärn!

I'm extensively tired right now, despite an unexpectedly long night due to having forgotten to turn on the alarm. Too tired to write down all the splendid ideas I just had. Too bad, come back another day.

Except for trying to follow this guy's wise advice today, I managed to accomplish something else: I bought a new waffle maker. It's funny how a waffle maker is such a huge part of my wellbeing and personality, that ever since my old one exploded (yes, it actually did! I've never seen so huge sparks before!), I've felt somewhat lost. Reason - the kind I want barely exists anymore! I can't use my amazing recipe on the huge belgian bread looka-like waffle makers that seem to be the only ones to buy these days. The one I got is actually a bit different as well, but I just tested it, and the result is fantatic. I only need more excuses for making waffles, so come over any time. Bring some milk and whipping cream.

And it's friday evening, so I am not even going to pretend to work right now, but go dancing. Hopefully that will make tiredness disappear...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your v?ffeljärn reminds me of a moment when I and Ben were walking around in the little town Yangshou, among those high chalk cliffs, (we came to Yangshou after the boat tour from Guilin, on the Li river...) there I suddenly started to talk about your old v?ffeljärn who started to burn - or did I mix it up with my burning sewing machine more than ten years ago? Anyway, after a moment Ben said: I hade a deja vue upplevelse now, when you started to talk about Thes v?ffeljärn here, I have seen and heard this moment before, in my memory......