Saturday, January 13, 2007

winterpeg

From superwarm (just below zero during most of the winter) to -38 yesterday.... Coldest I've felt since 2004, when I moved here. My ibook can listen to me when I speak... And today I managed to find a driver (macam) to make it possible to run my webcam. My Ibook, my precious... It is saturday, and I cleaned the apartment, for which there was a dire need. Aaaand... I got an email from a person I have longest to hear from - and he is willing to become a collaborator to my proposal. I am pretty sure that means that the proposal will get time, since he is the expert on the technique we're using, and just recently used the same technique for the same kind of galaxy I'm using it on, meaning that it IS feasible to do this project. And if so... I'll be the happiest person ever... :)
My dangerous radiator that I don't dare turn on, for several reasons: a) it most likely will explode in my face b) it will turn my apartment into sauna/tropics (not entirely unpleasant of course), woke me up at 3 this morning. Because it WANTS to be turned on, all the hot steam is whining where it's closed, in a most annoying manner. I have 3 radiators in my apartment, one in the bedroom (off), one in the livingroom (the one I just described) and a tiny one in the bathroom, that is on when it's really cold outside. This tiny one is so incredibly hot, that it manages to keep the entire apartment at a pleasant temperature (albeit with a distinct gradient out to the living room). That pretty impressive, considering leaking windows and extreme outside temperatures.
Anyways. I have more cool news, but that will have to wait until another time. Meanwhile, let me give a link to my friends Steve's awesome webalbum from the Christmas holidays in Sweden. Mine is coming up any time soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Back to normal over there, and also over here, that is: a couple degrees below 0 for the 1st time this winter. On the other hand it has been some storms. as a matter of fact a big tree is laid down on our garage drive so I have to back the car down to the road. Funny, but driving backwards straitly for 50m is not easy, at least I have to stop, driwe forwards and adjust a couple of times.

Anonymous said...

Hihi I can manage that kind of driving better than dad, because I am used to NH:s tiny and crowded parking place!!
What kind of heating do you have? Vanliga vattenelement eller ngt med sprängdeg i? Köp i så fall ett elektriskt element, ifall strömmen ingår, that is, otherwise it might explode!!
Det är väl inte fotogenkamin typ, de är faaalia!!