Sunday, July 08, 2007

Ontario trip in June

In the beginning of June, I went to Ontario for a week. I haven't gotten around to publish these notes until now though... Waiting for time to make the album.

Just finished up some toast with help from the budgies. They are a bit sceptical about the peanut butter and the marmalade, but they love the bread and the butter. They sit on my hand, eating from bread I hold with my teeth. That's how yummy it is. Although, I make sure not to feed them too much of it, I imagine it can't be too good in the long run for their little tummies.

It is summer. I am very happy about that. I just spent a week in ontario, first in london and after a sunday train ride to Kingston, I worked there on some annoying radio data at Queen's university together with my advisor and a collaborator. We worked hard, but I still got to explore the town a bit. It's adorable. Houses are old, and the architects seemes to enjoy an occasional turret here and there, and surprising angles. Many houses look like the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland. The streets are a little bit hilly, and the city is just by Lake Ontario, with see-through greenish water. It was humid and warm during my stay, and it felt heavenly. I even liked it so much, that I wasn't sad in the least when the plane that was going to take us to Toronto for further travel back to WInnipeg, broke down (a hydraulic pump in one of the engines), and I had to stay another night. Next morning I went with one of my newfound friends (from Norway!) on a ferry ride to Wolfe Island, and back again.

So, Thursday evening I was back in Winnipeg again, which is finally clear of cankerworms, and equally warm and awesome weatherwise as ontario. I miss the big lake though. I took loads of photos, so I'll try to upload a few of them... This photo should lead to the webalbum.

No comments: