Thursday, February 28, 2008

Interim report

Reading week was spent with my family in Onsala. I'm back now, and I miss the humid air. All of a sudden it's hard to wear contacts and my lips became chapped in an instant. Photos will come, but first, let me give out a warning to potential travelers: On the list of airports to avoid, add O'Hare after Heathrow. O'Hare doesn't have the high taxes and fees of Heathrow, BUT, they cancel flights on a whim, and blame it on the weather. This problem is most likely less if you travel to an important destination, in heavier planes. Winnipeggers however, risk facing endless waiting at the airport, standby flights or detours, and of course bags will take at least 2 days extra to arrive. In my case, I got to greet my poor cheese yesterday evening. Luckily it seemed to have taken no damage, and I enjoyed some Hushållsost on knäckebröd for breakfast. Aaaaah...

3 comments:

Yvonne said...

Theresa, I can totally identify with the frustration with O'Hare. My hubby left on Monday to go to Akron--via Chicago. His flight from Chicago to Akron was cancelled. He did manage to get on a later flight and was only a few hours late. Coming home last night was an altogether different story. He left Akron and set on the tarmac for two hours--missing his connection to Winnipeg. So instead of getting home at 10:45 last night--he got home at noon today. (And we leave tomorrow for a cruise to Mexico)

My son and daughter-in-law had similar problems the beginning of the week from Boston to Dallas (via Chicago)

(Sorry, didn't mean to write a letter ; )

Jess said...

Sounds like fun at the airport. I hope you had a great trip anyway!!

Anonymous said...

O'HARE!!!! Don't talk to me about O'Hare.

I'm very bitter.