Tuesday, July 01, 2008

A trunk less ordinary (update on vehicles)

For about a year or so, David and I have been driving around with a bunch of clothes in the trunk, with the intention of donating them at some station for that purpose. Some clothes were from my algerian room mate, that she left when she moved back to Algeria, (and she was tiny, so I had no use for those), and some were David's old stuff. One day, upon opening the trunk, repeating the phrase that always accompanies that action ("we really should get rid of these clothes some time soon"), we discovered a black pair of pants there, that none of us recognized. david thought they were our friend's, that I had borrowed for skiing, but nope. My memory is bad, but I had for sure never seen those pants before (bad memory doesn't mean amnesia, only that reminders have to be firm before recollection can occur. Seeing the object in question is usually a good enough reminder to bring forth memories). Some days later, we were at a party, and it got a bit chilly. David went to the trunk, and sure enough, there was a hoodie waiting there for him, that neither of us had owned or seen before. We have a magic trunk. But, alas, we actually managed to dispose of almost all the clothes last weekend.

On another note: The bike next to where mine got stolen (the one that really should have been stolen instead of mine), was "finally" stolen this morning, and as I predicted only the frontwheel was left, attached to the lock in the fence. So the owner might have been innocent after all... (I feel kind of bad - my plan was to post some notes of caution on the door of our building for the bike owners that it's not safe to leave them out, and I never got around to...

3 comments:

Jonathan said...

Fantastic, a magical trunk! Sara and I have done the same, driving around for months with a large bag of clothes meant to be given away, but alas we have never reached into the bag to discover it's magical properties.

Jess said...

Love that the bike that was meant to be stolen finally got stolen. You are so funny. Love your unordinary trunk story!

Yvonne said...

A magic trunk? Too funny.

Sorry to hear about your bike.