Sunday, February 08, 2015

Still winter

Haha. I found the following among my draft entries, from last winter:

"...worst winter ever, including those years in winnipeg (almost). But as far as snow content goes, worst. I change my mind. I want a Swedish winter next year. (dark, ok, wet, ok, but shorter, and warmer, YES!)”

And... that’s what we got! in the beginning. It didn’t start until December, and all of that month was more or less like in Sweden. Almost seems like my brother brought the weather with him when he came to celebrate Christmas with us - and as soon as he left the snow came, and the cold. But January was decent, albeit cold (I’m still inoculated by the Winnipeg years though, so not too bad yet. Plus it helps being pregnant, I’ve never been so warm during winter, in my life!!! I love it.) But now - 15 cm one day, then a day of sun and after that, continuous snowing for 5 days. Meanwhile Montreal is getting nothing, so it seems like it’s some kind of lake effect going on.

This wouldn’t be so bad if I could just do something about it, but shovelling in the 8th month is probably not a good idea. Walking outside without spikes is not recommended either. And walking itself is quite the chore. Sigh. (D is away for 4 days working, otherwise he’s doing awonderufl job shovelling)

On the flip side, I LOVE our house, and it’s quite awesome to be home so much. Definitely not tired of it yet. And I do have that paper to finish, so it’s not like I’m out of things to do... I can’t believe I haven’t finished it yet!!! Argh.

No comments: