Thursday, March 09, 2006

Toques, cats and blueberries

I just wrote a blog-entry-sized comment to my own story... The legend of the hatboy continues (check the 2 last comments).

In other news, it's still spring (around 0), my knee started hurting inexplicably (first signs of old age?), and thou shouldst always be honest. Explanation: I was catsitting and had 2 cats for a week in my apartment, where (at least bigger) pets are not allowed. Obviously that's when a quarterly inspection would occur (and since my mailbox key is still gone, I didn't see the notice of this in my mail). Obviously my landlady is scared of cats. And Stella is a pretty impressive fella, sizewise. My caretakers luckily turned nice again once I explained the situation. But I felt fairly stupid. Same feeling as when I was a kid, being forbidden by mum to eat blueberries at the camping site, and totally denied her accusation that I had done it anyways (if you don't get the picture, imagine how someone who stuffed themselves with blueberries appear). Baaa.

What is it about smells and music that can trigger memories so strongly that you more or less travel in time, btw?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha,
Old dad remembers well the episode with the blueberry lies. Theresa and her little brother merely appeared as bluberry pies. It's funny how time slips away...

Kraxia Kataraxia said...

Dear Thesse, the reason I told you not to eat those blueberries on the camping site was that I was afraid somebody had peed on them... probably true. And you denied you had eaten blueberries with half the face coloured by the berries! FUN. It is true that smells and music can wake up so many memories, maybe especially smells. My favourite smell is frangipani, I woke up our Hawaii memory in a park in Tanzania. It was wonderful! And I have seen ylang-ylang, too, also used for perfume....
Remember that blueberries is allowed and demanded to eat, because they are good for the eyes. I am out of stock with my superduper Canadian blueberry pills now and I think I need pomegranate pills too.... what shall I do with my package to you loaded with massepain chocolate and hip soup powder, on its way back to me again??? Postage cost is larger than the containing in the package!!!

Kraxia Kataraxia said...

Funny how time slips away was a melody I liked very much, it was very popular in the states in 1960, but never heard in Sweden.