Thursday, July 13, 2006

Chirp!

Life is complete. I mean as in nothing more to wish for. Everything is back to how it should be. A real pirate cannot be parrotless. This one has been so for more than 2 years. As of today, this has been taken care of. Romy took me to a very nice petstore, where they don't clip the wings of the birds. Stamp of approval. They keep them in cages and not in aquariums. Keep them away from disturbing elements (such as people etc). Nice store in other words. And there I met several kindred spirits. And brought two of them with me home. I didn't intend to... Possibly one. But the one I chose, was such a happy little fellow, and I knew it would make him really sad to leave. But then a little yellow budgie-girl from the same cage started playing with my fingers, and shooed away any other bird who came by to do the same out of curiosity. My heart melted like chocolate exposed to the winnipegian sun (which would be fast). The result was that I came home with two budgies. They glared at me for a bit before I left them alone to get used to there surroundings, but seemed to like me a bit too. Then the anguish came. Am I crazy? But it lasted only for a little while. 3 more years here require the presence of birds. Besides, I did some research before, and it doesn't seem to be impossible to bring them with me home or wherever I go after this. (yes, I will do a big photo post in a while... :) Meanwhile: I need names! So, until Sunday, a competition will be held. Winner will, apart from the glory, receive a superb dinner in company of birds and moi-meme. Pretty nice company in other words... ;) Swedes are also welcome to participate, but dinner will then occur in early september, with other birds present.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm
how about Betelgeuse and Aldebaran? No... too pompeuse for such tiny creatures.
Hmm
Birdy and Numnum, sort of fit together :-)
Of ourse you could always continue with greek letters (Psi, Chi, ...)
No more suggestion from me-today.

Kraxia Kataraxia said...

Betty and Alde for short, how about that??? Your daddy is not so stupid at all, when it comes to names.. he has of course been influenced by his family during the years...
Your brothers talked about mathematicians names, like Pascal..
Laplace??+ And that terrible one, who everybody dislike, because he is too difficult? But you need a girls name, too.... Ypsilon and Epsilon, when it comes to greek letters... or Omega and Omikron?? hihi...

Christine Leader said...

Seeing as these are cheery Manitoban birds (more in consideration of their present residence rather than origin of birth...) What about Portage and Main?

Or... Agnes (that's a lovely street) and Matthew - For Agnes Street and St. Matthew.

OOOORRRR...
Louise and Riel

Spirited and Friendly - both the current and former Provincial slogans

I'll stop... but not 'cause you made me - I've run out of ideas

Best of luck...

Anonymous said...

Bah! Boring! boring!

Jean-Luc and Seven. You must admit thats much better (and very nerdy indeed).

Birds! Sheesh. We never will be able to be flatmates again, will we?