Monday, February 23, 2009

Feeling fresh in an airport

YES! That would be the most luxurious feeling - and something I rarely encounter, since most my flights are longhaul things with eternities spent between flights. I don't complain about that too much, since I really love airports. However, following the 14 hours flights from Sydney, including complete inability to sleep, with a 12 hours layover in Vancouver, wasn't my idea of having a good time. An amazing Air Canada lady took pity upon me when I enquired about possibilities to catch an earlier flight to Winnipeg (impossible when bags are already checked in, and in most cases rather hard anyways, if dealing with anyone else but this awesoem person, unless you open up the wallet..), and came by my carefully selected resting area to give me a voucher to enter the maple leaf lounge with the "elite". YES! Free food! Comfy chairs! Feeling VIP! YVR already has free internet, which is a trademark for agreeable airport, so that part was already taken care of. And in the end of my long wait, in an awesomely comfy chair, feeling the layer of muck on my outer appearance getting thicker and thicker (why is that? what is it about flying and airports that makes a person feel yuckier than going on a 3-day hike?) my eye caught the word "shower" on a sign. In Sydney, they have showers at the airport for the "common" people as well, but I suspect they might not have towels and all conveniences. So, while writing this I feel like born-again. I feel like I match the luxurious interiour of this lounge. Yeeha! 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Somehow this sounds like a Theresa thing - managing to get something nice and extra out of any situation!:)

Yvonne said...

Hooray for lounges (and nice ladies who give you free vouchers ; )