Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Flexibility

Some days you need to accept things and learn flexibility more than others. For instance: There is a person in my life I cherish more than most. He had managed to get 8 days off in a row, and was going to try to hop on a southbound plane. But so tried many others (about 30 or so), and he didn't even manage to leave Winnipeg. Thus my weekend looked very different than I had planned. It's weird to think I won't see him for yet another 3 weeks, but I know people who have it much worse in that respect. This is a case when heartache is a good sign, and something to be very happy about. 

Of course, my location makes it easy to deal with it. For instance: I planned to go to the temple, since I knew that would make me happy and widen my horizon a few loops, and connect stronger with that cute person so far away. How about booking an opera at the Sydney opera house? The Magic Flute is playing right now. Cockatoo watching is great as well. All this would of course be even greater if shared, but on its own, it adds so much essence to my life, that I can't stop smiling. Now, I ended up visiting a synagogue for the first time in my life (very cool!), and spend 2 hours in the Apple store instead (how's that for flexibility?) (see this link for photos), but I intend to get all the rest done as well. 

Update: I did finally visit the temple, and go to the opera house, but for another opera. More on that in the next note. 

On a completely different note, I wish this didn't feel so accurate: http://www.phdcomics.com/comics.php?f=1129

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

I'm sorry the man wasn't able to come visit, but it sounds like you took it very much in stride! You'll get to see him soon!