Thursday, May 14, 2009

The last year

This is the last year, as in the final year. The year it is going to happen.
I just had my annual review. The LAST annual review before the defense (that, according to my current timeline, will take place April 10 next year. Hm. I think I might have to change that since that is a Saturday... April 9th is the new date!)

A good friend of mine has been reviewing her thesis writing progress on her blog, and it's been very inspiring to read. So, I think I am going to do that myself! After all, the thesis is what I spend about 90% of my time on. The first deadlines I have are:
May 23: A poster (second author) for a conference (that I will not attend, but I'm really just happy about that..).
May 30: Draft of chapter 1: the Introduction, including background and motivation. Also chapter 4, describing pretty much what will be on the poster - galaxy modelling with an awesome new software (not mine, I'm the user), and testing of said program with artificial galaxies. 
I will keep you posted... 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you're almost done?!?! I know it doesn't seem like it to you but it's gone by quickly.

I am so happy for you! It's nice when you can count what you have left to finished.

Jess said...

Yeah for Theresa!!!!! We should have a party!!!