Thursday, May 25, 2006

Before...

This is before I'm done with the poster (I should have ended up in publishing instead of research, making a poster is as always easy and super fun). Right now I need: a thorough back massage, a non-analytical rotation curve of NGC 3556, a new bar of chocolate (at least 75%), a mass model of the mass distribution of NGC 2903 or 4096, a ticket for X-men 3 tonight, and a hug would be nice... I did get, this morning, 2 packages of Anthon Berg marsipanbröd, and a bag of hiprose soup in a package from my mom (these items are quite the globe trotters, since they travelled here in March for my birthday, stayed at the post office for 2 weeks (during which time I had no access to my mailbox, because I had lost my keys), and travelled home again 1 day before I ambushed the mailman in our building and persuaded him to give me my mail) (hiprose soup is, for the non-aware readers of this post, one of my favourite beverages, but sadly among the list of essential stuff I cannot get my hands on here)!

The Winnipeg May of 2006 has, weatherwise, turned out to be rather awesome. It's been rather warm, and yesterday I was biking around downtown in 28 degrees heat. Workwise it has been somewhat frustrating (and still is). In a week from now however, I will be in Calgary, followed by New Mexico, enjoying all the good sides of being in this occupation (brain overloading at conferences and workshops!). So I anticipate next report to come from there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm New Mexico. Will it be Albuqerque? I have been there about 15 years ago. On a conference on a topic now forgotten. One boring afternoon a collegue and I rented a car for a ride on the countryside, that turned out to be more interesting than I first antipicated. Dirt roads and a ghost town in the desert with dry bushes rolling around in the wind, just like a western movie. Old indian cliff habitats. Miles after miles of rusty fences, and trees everyone black on one side, could it be remnants from the bomb blasting in the 40ies?